Flooring is a very important part of preparing your home for sale. Buyers want a home that is move in ready and the flooring will reveal to them how well the home has been maintained. Up-to-date flooring is one of the top selling features buyers are looking for.
Things to think about:
- What condition is your carpet in?
- What colour is the carpet?
- What style is your carpet? Cutpile or Berber?
- Take into consideration the rooms that you are putting carpet in as this will help to determine what style you select.
- If you need to replace your carpet, do you need to re-do every room? If not, select something that will work with the rest of the carpet in the house
- What style of vinyl flooring do you have? Does it need to be replaced?
- Do you have hardwood? Does it need touched up or refinished?
- Do you have hardwood under your carpet?
Make sure that your floors are clean (steam clean carpets and runners if possible) and repair any chipped or loose floor tiles or vinyl.